Flower Gardens in Winter

Back in January, when I was catching up on my blog, I wrote about the beauty of flower gardens in November. Today when Drake was jumping in and out of the river, rolling in the snow, and zipping about the yard, I snapped these photos to document our flower gardens in winter. I am ready for spring, but I cannot deny the beauty that exists in our yard in the dead of winter - especially after a recent snowfall.


The long-standing sunflower. 


One of my most favorite trees - the dwarf Alberta spruce.


Rose vine/stem.


Rose vine.


Pussy willow tree


The magnificent Dorothy Wyckoff Pierius -- a true glory year-round


More rose vines


More rose vines


The yucca plant - still bright and yellow in the dead of winter.


Queen Anne's lace - beautiful, still, in winter


More rose vines


Grape vine


Grape leaf and vine


Silver grasses


Climbing hydrangea 


The tired sunflowers, bending all winter long...
Climbing hydrangea - waiting for spring!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Love Note to Murray, Four Years Out

Remembering Murray, Three Years Out

What Happens When a Stress Fracture Won't Heal?