Nada, Zilch, Zip

As my readers likely know, last fall I planted 450 bulbs. I lovingly covered them with mulch and then spread chicken coop wire over the flower beds to protect the bulbs from the skunks and squirrels. And, what do I have this spring? 

I have 3 large flower beds that are sprouting...nothing.

That's right. NOTHING. None of the beds where I planted bulbs are showing any signs that they even know what a bulb is. Meanwhile, in the "old" garden beds...granted, "old" is a relative term since this is only our fifth spring in our home...bulbs are popping up everywhere. 

See the merry little bulbs poking their sprouts out - Hello, Emily! We're here! Do not despair!! 

Along the foundation of our house - forgotten bulbs let me know that they have not forgotten, even if I have!

Could anything look more cheerful?
 Oh, 450 new bulbs from Reny's...where are you and when will you poke through? I am more than waiting. I am pining!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Love Note to Murray, Four Years Out

Remembering Murray, Three Years Out

What Happens When a Stress Fracture Won't Heal?