White Pizza with Brussels Sprouts and Red Onion

I am finally getting to the point with my cooking that I can use parts of previous recipes to try and figure out what might go well together. It's very rewarding!

Tonight I made a white pizza with Brussels sprouts and red onion. I based this on two recipes (white pizza with artichokes, rosemary, and olives--Real Simple, April 2013 edition, link not available yet; broccoli rabe with pecorino tart) and came up with the following:

  1. 1/2 gluten-free pizza dough, Gillian's, rolled out
  2. 50g reduced fat, 4-Italian cheese blend
  3. 30g grated parm
  4. 20g grated pecorino 
  5. 1 oz goat cheese, crumbled
  6. 1/4 red onion
  7. 4-6 sliced green onions (greens only)
  8. roasted Brussels sprouts, 4 cups?
  9. fresh/dried rosemary, as desired
  10. Lightly drizzle with olive oil infused with hot red pepper
Gillian's pizza says to cook at 375 for 18-20 minutes. I roasted the Brussels sprouts (at a higher temp, of course) in olive oil with salt & pepper, while I prepared the pizza; then switched and baked the pizza while I kept the Brussels sprouts warm. When the pizza is almost done, add the Brussels sprouts, pushing into the melted cheese. Continue to bake until done. 

I had left over Brussels sprouts to go on the side. Delish! Enjoy!




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Love Note to Murray, Four Years Out

Remembering Murray, Three Years Out

What Happens When a Stress Fracture Won't Heal?