Just Like Magic

I'm not sure if other people use this phrase, but I definitely use it and I like it. The phrase just like magic is reserved for events and happenings which yank me away from my present state of mine, which take all of my troubles and cast them aside, and grab me by the collar and hurl me into the present...to observe, enjoy, and breathe easy. Community band; our home when the wind is blowing the leaves on the maple trees over the Powwow; miles of corn crops in Nebraska; an abandoned home in North Dakota, ducks soaring down the Powwow -- these are the experiences that take my breath away and cause me to declare, Wow. It's just like magic.

I ask you, is this not magic or what?

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Love Note to Murray, Four Years Out

Remembering Murray, Three Years Out

What Happens When a Stress Fracture Won't Heal?