Plogging on the Bowwow

Yes, Plogging on the Bowwow. (Thanks, Matt, for the great title suggestion.) What a few weeks it has been! The title of this post says it all. I really cannot complain though. Many of my friends, students, co-workers, and fellow Bay Staters have experienced significant loss and trauma in recent weeks. I've just been working my fanny off - something that is expected by those of us in academia, especially at this time of year. I have just plowed through three very busy weeks of teaching, grading, and a multitude of campus-related responsibilities. Here are my last few weeks in pictures.
  
My desk on campus...reading articles for class and prepping questions for my students. The topic in this child welfare class was "The Long Arm of Child Maltreatment." After all my worry about what I would do in class, all was well. 
I've had to stay over at a hotel near campus a few times recently. Here I am prepping for my Tuesday class at the hotel...around 11:00pm on a Monday night...after I finished teaching my Monday class at 8:30pm. The topic for Tuesday's class? "Policy Advocacy at the Ballot Box."
Hard at work at the hotel. When will I finish prepping this class? When will the semester be over?

Me in my office, taking a picture for Neil, intended to represent my feelings about not getting home until 11:00pm that night, when I really just wanted to go straight home and work in the garden with Neil. 
This has been my dinner on several occasions this week- my food for the 90 min. trip home after I finished teaching at night. 
And, traffic...I like to believe that I live in rural New England, but with evidence like this...I cannot deny the truth. My commute takes me from about Brockton, south of the city, to north of Peabody. Which way to go, which way to go...

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Love Note to Murray, Four Years Out

Remembering Murray, Three Years Out

What Happens When a Stress Fracture Won't Heal?